Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas tune warning! Went into the studio two weeks ago with a dream team band. They were nice enough to record a quick holiday tune for the season. We'll be releasing a full length record of original music this coming year. (no vibe intended by the title!!) Hope you enjoy and happy holidays!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HjVPIziWyQ

http://www.paulthejones.com

Thanks to Johannes Felscher for the video and audio editing. And Vitor Hirtsch for the video recording. Talk to them if you need aid in these departments!

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
482 Posts
Swingin' stuff, I dug that! Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Totally agree with all responses so far, but a pity that they are so few considering your top class Tenor rendition that you took the time to share with the forum . For me also great musical treatment to a very basic repetitive tune , which is what it is all about. (IMAGINATION )

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Enjoyed the music - easy listening (when complex inside) and fresh rendition.
Of course nice people!
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Paul,
just read "about me" in your profile page...
Impressive...
Liked Mingus' statement found on the page - "“Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple” (Charles Mingus).
Was surprised that in my previous post I expressed my feeling about your rendition in tune with Mingus phrase.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Brilliant! My band will definitely add this tune to our next Christmas jazz concert. Your rendition is so...GOOD!
Love the rhythmic feel and of course all of you playing at such a high level. Thanks!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Absolutely smokin', Paul!! Damn, that's nice! Stuff like this might make me start listening to Christmas music again (long story!). Must have been a blast....thanks for sharing!

John

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bello Bello ! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Very nice....as others commented, I like your rendition and your voicing on this traditional hymn. Good musicality all around, I like the piano solo as well. As much as I like saxophone, I wish I could play piano at the same level of proficiency....

Thank you for sharing and best to you, it sounds like you will be recording with this quartet in the coming year.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
:cheers: Dream band for sure!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts