Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,084 Posts
Definitely not. I'll put one in a pot of sauce, though.

And this does make me want to have linguini alla puttanesca for dinner tonight.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,267 Posts
sounds like you're making pizza...the pizza in Brooklyn near my house is incredible - certainly better than I can make at home. I don't always order anchovies, but if I'm ordering 3 or 4 pizzas, one is bound to have anchovies.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,342 Posts
Absolutely WITH...
And I don't rinse the salt off either ...
......:| what the h#ll would be the point of that....? :|

..and.... if you wanna try a mind-blowing experience (albeit I understand not the traditional southern Italian result)......try using boquerones.... as opposed to the usual brined kind in a jar.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
With please! And I'll take the Fruit de mer

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,308 Posts
Are you eating alone? And it depends what else is on the pizza. I would go with at least half on.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,464 Posts
Back when I was in college in Boston, freshman year I lived in a huge dorm with three eighteen story towers and I lived on the top of the furthest one down from the entrance to the building. When I'd pick up a pizza to bring back to the dorm, chances were that by the time I passed the two tower elevators on my way to the elevators that would take me up to the eighteenth floor of mine... well, I was bound to run into an acquaintance or two... or three or four... sometimes five or six... or a hundred... that would smell that pizza and come up with an excuse to head up the elevator along with me. So after losing quite a percentage of take out pizzas to friends, neighbors and any girl that might give me a smile, one day I went with anchovies. Oh, I still remember the look of the entourage that followed me back to my dorm that day... all the way to the big reveal.

It's been anchovies ever since... but now I make my own:
chovies.jpg

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Is this an Eb or Bb pizza?

(Makes a difference).

·
Registered
180 Posts
A pizza without anchovies is not a pizza! I was dating this Italian girl 34 years ago and she wanted to go to an Italian restaurant for dinner. We decided on a pizza. I asked her if she ever had anchovies on her pizza and she said yes with excitement. I was very happy she said yes but also knew I was in trouble. We have been married now for 32 years and are still having anchovies on our pizza. Our only son loves them as well. Go figure! Lol

1 - 20 of 95 Posts