Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
Alto: 1969 Selmer Mark VI, Soprano: Yanagisawa S901II, Tenor: Conn Shooting Star
26 Posts
I’ve now played through quite a few in the box. Admittedly, the first reed I tried was pretty rough. It ran too soft for me and chirped a lot with a spitty sound. I used it a few times then tossed it. The rest of the ones I’ve tried however have been great. They’re comparable to rigotti golds but I don’t find them to play as bright. They have a bit more core to the sound, and tonguing is nice and crisp. Altissimo is pretty good as well. I feel like they have similarity to La voz reeds but I haven’t played enough of those to really tell.

If shipping wasn’t so expensive I’d probably switch to these reeds over D’addario Jazz selects or Vandorens, the reeds themselves are in that price range, maybe a little cheaper

· Registered
445 Posts
I really like the tenor 3 Pilgerstorfer reeds. But I also got a box of 2.5. They are extremely different and very soft. Much softer than a half strength. The funny thing is they are cut very different. Much higher. Very strange. Never seen this before between strength in the same brand. Here is an image. The 2.5 is the three on the right...

Kitchen utensil Wood Rectangle Wood stain Font

21 - 23 of 23 Posts