Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I know there's scant information about Pierrets in the web, so that's why I am posting this.
I just bought from another SOTWer, KMR, his curved silver plated curved soprano. There are no markings on it indicating Competition or Super Artiste, so I am assuming it to be in the series from Modele 1 to 7. The only serial number I can locate is on the upper stack brace below some rods, saying 608.

It goes to high Eb only, and low Bb as per normal. And the neck is removable. No front High F key. Low Bb and B are on left of bell, with wire key guards for all lower keys. It has the usual Pierret spindly single rod bell brace.

Does any one have any idea of the characteristics of each modele?

Please see photos below...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,340 Posts
Beautiful! Very few curved sopranos had removable necks in those years.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Joe. Will try to put up a recording soon (with your mouthpiece!)

Madeingermany, I have a nickel plated sax, and it's different. I used a silver polishing cloth, and the Pierret became shiny, with the black tarnish gone. Does this mean that it is silver plated?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nickel used in saxophone playing is usually an alloy with silver mixed in. So I imagine a silver cloth would still polish it. My Conn is nickel plated, and the finish looks very similar to what you have.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the compliment Joe.

So not a single soul knows anything about this Pierret? Was it really made by Pierret? Or stenciled by some other long gone French company?

Which model and what year is it from?

·
Registered
956 Posts
There seems to be no signs of intonation as we know it, on this planet, Captain, I suggest we continue on with our course to Starbase Alpha, no sense in stopping to explore

1 - 14 of 14 Posts