Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Hi Mike. Great to hear you pick up the sax again.
You've got such a great feel for playing the sax and sing through it so well. Amazing that you can carry lines and feelings for such a long time and still hold interest. It's so much more than the usual jerk off of technique without substance.
OK, did you lead us on here with a sax just to get us to listen to your new and improved guitar playing?
It's obvious that you are certainly coming to grips with the guitar.
A very different musical feel for you, but I guess that's the guitar influence?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mike. Great to hear you pick up the sax again.
You've got such a great feel for playing the sax and sing through it so well. Amazing that you can carry lines and feelings for such a long time and still hold interest. It's so much more than the usual jerk off of technique without substance.
OK, did you lead us on here with a sax just to get us to listen to your new and improved guitar playing?
It's obvious that you are certainly coming to grips with the guitar.
A very different musical feel for you, but I guess that's the guitar influence?
Thanks Wade.
No, that's not me playing the guitar, it's the didg player. It's his piece.

The way I'm approaching the guitar is more jazz oriented but not in a II-V-I sort of way. I happen to enjoy playing it much more than the saxophone
and as a result I really don't pick up the saxophone very often.

I don't know, there's something to be said about technique. I happen to think technique is vital and if my technique
was more than what it is I could say a whole lot more than what I said on this recording. As a result I was limited in ways of embellishing
what I was trying to convey for my own ears. So, as a result it must suffice.
Ya see, the substance part is merely subjective. If the guy playing has a lot of technique and 'HE' feels he's playing with substance does it really matter
if the listener thinks it's cold technique? Should the musician change to try and appease the listener?
If he does then he just got swallowed up in an ever merry-go-round of indecision and confusion. It's tough enough just trying to satisfy our own ears!

Always a pleasure Wade!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Very nice concept and execution. I have a Didgeridoo and was thinking of doing something with it and my Uke. New ideas popping out all over.

K
44 yrs of happy sax

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,925 Posts
Mike - Was the didg' processed to get it on pitch? I frequently run my didg's through a processor to determine the desired amplified pitch.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike - Was the didg' processed to get it on pitch? I frequently run my didg's through a processor to determine the desired amplified pitch.
I have no idea but I think it was just mic'd up. The file was sent to me and I just played saxophone for it.

Lot of Didgeridoo players here. Very nice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts