Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,880 Posts
I didn't sell mine because it looked like crap, though. I sold it because it couldn't be played in tune, new neck notwithstanding. If you find the 82Z of your dreams, be sure to playtest it with a meter before buying.

·
Banned
4,880 Posts
playitfunky said:
I'd bet your problem was in a bad neck but you never know.
I am sure it had something to do with the neck. But it wasn't just that neck. Selmer [oops, Yamaha] sent me a new neck to try and it had the same problem. Then I put the neck on from a Yamaha student model tenor, and it played in tune. I'd have simply swapped it, but the tone with the student neck was too harsh.

Whatever, it doesn't matter now. I sold it and got a vi, which is what I should have done in the first place.

·
Banned
4,880 Posts
Steve P said:
"But it wasn't just that neck. Selmer sent me a new neck to try and it had the same problem."

Uh, putting a selmer neck on a Yamaha horn would obviously not fix any intonation issues. They are two VERY different horns in design, with the Selmer neck designed around a Selmer body, and a Yamaha Horn designed around a Yamaha neck.

Either way, it sounds like youre happy with the VI, and thats great!

Steve P
Senior moment, I guess. I just edited it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.