Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Very creative and a pleasure to hear the boundaries being pushed. Good use of space with simple backgournd. Excellent tone and control. Could be shorter and not loose too much. Not quite sure about the last minute or so and how well it fits with the rest. But I sure like it!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,833 Posts
very enjoyable,excellent tone!..the piece seems a little haunting in places" then loosens up with the piano becoming more prominent,but i like it the phrasing goes nicely with what you are putting together.
The build up throughout i feel suits the piece, although some may disagree!.the ending was different! but its your composition,not to my taste, but hey! .overall good though, thanks for posting.

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
I enjoyed the first half. The saxophone playing was beautiful as was the tone. The tone changed during the faster passage. I didn't like that part as much.

The piano was not played at the same skill level and thus detracted from it. It would be fun to jam with you some time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks for the input guys! im glad you like it. to me, it was like how jazz cat said: it was a buildup. Whenever I play i always end up coming up with more far ideas (usually ending up in weird squeaking at the end), and it probably doesn't sound great to everyone :) but i dunno, i guess thats just how my lines naturally evolve, so i let it happen. So I encorporated the buildup i normally do, and put into a song, and tried my best to comp it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts