Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I search the forum and did not find this so I am sorry if its been talked over. Back in the 386, 486 days of the computer Phil had a sax method for PC (CD rom). At that time I never had the 99.00 dollars for it. I know its out of print by now but does anyone know if its on the web some where? I would love to check it out. Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
DaveMac said:
I search the forum and did not find this so I am sorry if its been talked over. Back in the 386, 486 days of the computer Phil had a sax method for PC (CD rom). At that time I never had the 99.00 dollars for it. I know its out of print by now but does anyone know if its on the web some where? I would love to check it out. Thanks
I believe it is out of print.........http://www.masterclass.com/ ...daryl

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
My sax teacher in college burned me a copy and I never could get it to work on my computer. Never, until last week. So I got it working and now I'm very dissapointed. The lessons basically consist of applying the same pattern to different chord changes. That's it.

The pattern is basically a scale up to the 9th then an arpeggio back down (with an E stuck in there)
Dm
D E F G A B C D E C A F E D

Apply that to Major and Dominant chords and that's pretty much all the Tutor section of the program consists of. There's an audio CD that's part of it and the program has the sheet music for the heads and the transcribed solos. That's kind of cool. It has music for songs that Phil wrote and you can play 'em in MIDI. That's OK. But that's about it. I was hoping for more.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry it didn't work out. I been looking for a improv method for some time now and have come up two types. I have found that either they are to simple by playing root tone over the changes or two they start out with scales so far out that it could only be used by someone on Breckers level. Thanks for the info and the review.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.