1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
I think I'll be like Phil and almost buy it.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Sounds like a certain Mr. E.L.'s typical line of bs.

"You know my friend, Stan Getz, my friend, he was just-a here & he LOVED this horn!(that Ive ruined by putting all the blue sparkly epoxy on!)."

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008
4,046 Posts
Dig this quote from the seller:
The question is probably why am I selling it. The answer is, I really don't want to, but over the past few weeks, I came into a bit of trouble, that requires money, or jail time. This being the most precious item that I own, she's got to go. I have lowered the price to $3000.00. Finally for all watchers, this is as low as this horn will ever go, and honestly with the condition and history I should be asking for alot more.
Looks like he's getting backed up on the child support payments perhaps. Don't let this happen to you. Always wear protection guys.

Also check out one of the photos of him holding the horn. Looks like he's got a tattoo running down his forearm. Something tells me this horn might be stolen.

It is a pretty horn though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now, Now, I have tattoos and don't steal horns or kill people. ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
hey! check the serial number in the pic and check it with the stolen horns section! i just have a li'l feeling, ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
sharp5 said:
I have tattoos too and have yet to steal a horn nor killed anyone.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,891 Posts
hgiles said:
I have tattoos too and have yet to steal a horn nor killed anyone.
Ditto! Heath, that bit of Stereotyping is is a little off base.

It may be a possibility that it is stolen, it seems plausible, but I think this auction is legit. His handle is 1938Selmer, and it isn't something he JUST registered. If he did steal it, Its likely he did so a while ago.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,891 Posts
Jason DuMars said:
I have NO tattoos and I have killed a dozen people with my bare hands. And, don't even get me started on my horn stealing proclivities! :D
:laughing: funny Jason, funny. Is it hard to get all of the blood off of you engraving tools? We all know you've done in far more than a dozen... haha

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,794 Posts
sharp5 said:
I'm an old-fashioned Jewish man. Luckily, I have no tattoos.

In the punk rock-a-billy band scene, I was the only non-pierced/ non-tatted guy there. As a result, I was subject to more stringent searches and observation, especially at Local 81 events.

Steal horns, NEVER!

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
martysax said:
I'm an old-fashioned Jewish man. Luckily, I have no tattoos.
...but you have been pierced. :D

·
4,046 Posts
Hey man I was just trying to piece together a profile. He did mentioned that he's going to jail if he doesn't get some money together. He only has 6 feedbacks under his ebay name(not exactly hard to get these days) buy 6 one dollar items and you have your feedback, and he's got that tattoo thunder bolt running down his arm.

Most people usually put their tats in places that are easily concealed, but when they start getting closer to your hands and the general public can see them it usually indicates someone with a loose moral character. :)

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,794 Posts
heath said:
...and he's got that tattoo thunder bolt running down his arm.

Most people usually put their tats in places that are easily concealed, but when they start getting closer to your hands and the general public can see them it usually indicates someone with a loose moral character. :)

What about Kim?:? She's Canadian!:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
heath said:
Hey man I was just trying to piece together a profile. He did mentioned that he's going to jail if he doesn't get some money together. He only has 6 feedbacks under his ebay name(not exactly hard to get these days) buy 6 one dollar items and you have your feedback, and he's got that tattoo thunder bolt running down his arm.

calling all cars, be on the look out for a wannabe cop... just kidding. However, it's a professionally done tattoo and not from prison.

I bought a horn off ebay once, I don't think I'd do it again, unless it were from saxforte or somebody of that reputation. I always check to see what's being sold, though. Maybe I'm a hypocrite...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
heath said:
Most people usually put their tats in places that are easily concealed, but when they start getting closer to your hands and the general public can see them it usually indicates someone with a loose moral character.
Sigh. Your evidence for this heath?

·
4,046 Posts
I once dated a skank that I didn't know was a skank. She had tats in places not suitable to mention on this site.....I didn't know until there was no turning back. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
heath said:
I once dated a skank that I didn't know was a skank. She had tats in places not suitable to mention on this site.....I didn't know until there was no turning back. :)
She's no woman, she's a man baby! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts