Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
edit: Title should he Hard Rubber Sale.

I introduced Falco the Phil-Tone assistant Mascot recently.

Yesterday Falco was rushed in for emergency surgery. The vets took him apart and reassembled him during a three hour multiple incision surgery. He is an old guy but weathered the ordeal. He came home this evening using a ramp I built to get him in the car, but he has a lot of recovery and follow up in the weeks ahead and I have a whopper of a bill...so its time for a Vet/Holiday sale. Since i will be home acting as his nurse I we have time to make mouthpieces (he supervises).

So..anyway, 15 percent off all hard rubber Phil-Tone pieces. This does not apply to custom models or extreme tip sizes.
Also ask me how to obtain FREE international shipping.

The Sale applies to any Phil-Tone HR piece in the following sizes:

On Tenor sizes 7, 7*, 8 and 8*
Alto Meyer size 5,6 and 7
Sop .060, .065, .070

The sale ends Christmas day. I have to be fair to my vendors and not run lengthy and/or frequent sales.

IMG_2670.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Re: Phil-Tone Hard Sale (aka Emergency Surgery Sale)

What's your paypal address, I'm going to send you $50. I can't afford a new mpc right now, but I loved my dogs and miss them every day. Hell, I even had one engraved on a horn. The least I can do is donate.

·
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Its very kind of you but there are people who need free money far more. There are many worthwhile charities for humans and animals. This is a temporary and unexpected setback. No one will go hungry. I want to offer this as a win win solution...I figure this is a chance for people to buy something they were thinking about in the first place and save a bit of money while also a way to gather funds for the bills. No matter what Falco will be loved and well cared for.

But again, thank you for such kind thoughts and generosity.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,524 Posts

I’m in. I need another Intrepid tenor 7* and a Sapphire sop .070”. They bring the Special Sauce to my Borganis. No rush - if someone needs theirs faster, feel free to put them ahead of me.

Hugs to Falco.

·
Registered
Tenors: TM Custom; MkVI 96k and 124k
197 Posts

Sorry, I don't need another piece at this time.
As a dog lover I can empathize and send my best wishes to you and Falco.

·
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Best wishes mean a lot. Thank you Charlie.

We are just glad to have him home. He is happy to be home too.

He is a 125 pound dog who in his past life was a little lap dog. He is a loving, gentle giant.

·
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

We are still chugging along this morning. He has to be kept quite while organs that were reattached heal...that is going to be hard in a few days....and he is hating on his no lick collar big time.

thanks

Daisy is a pretty dog...what kind is she?

thanks for the positive vibes.

·
Registered
719 Posts

I hope he recovers soon!

Malte

·
8,073 Posts

We are still chugging along this morning. He has to be kept quite while organs that were reattached heal...that is going to be hard in a few days....and he is hating on his no lick collar big time.

thanks

Daisy is a pretty dog...what kind is she?

thanks for the positive vibes.
Daisy is a cross.
She was adopted from a shelter 9 years ago.
We believe she is a Dutch shepherd crossed with a Staffordshire terrier.
She’s been through a number of operations also in the last couple of years to have cancers removed.
Worst part is that you can’t explain to them why they’re going through it.

·
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Your beard matches her facial hair :)

Falco probably has prostate cancer. Hopefully if so the biopsy will show it to be the slow moving type where is years catch up to him before cancer.
Sadly big dogs dont have long lives.

Its hard that they dont understand...they just look at you sadly wanting it to stop.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

Oh no! Sorry to hear that Phil. Very best wishes from me and my 4 legged:
Xmas Dog.png

·
Registered
141 Posts

I wish you a good sale and a speedy recovery for your dog!

I am looking for a new mouthpiece right now but I thing a 7 or higher are too much for me right now. So I'll think I'll stick to my original plan of going to my local store and try a few out, see what fits my needs.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,146 Posts

Phil, hoping for a speedy recovery for Falco....

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

Sorry to hear, Phil, I lost my Pyrenees 2 years ago - heart attack, she was only 4 years old and had just gotten a perfect health bill from the vet and then I come home from work and she's lying dead in front of the house.

PM me your paypal, I don't have the money for another MPC but I'll be happy to chip in a little bit.

·
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Again, thanks so much but if people are feeling charitable its very kind but please give it to a worthwhile charity...I was not planning on running a sale but this made me think it could be a win, win situation. The thoughts are heartwarming but as I mentioned above...no one will starve over this. The thought was to give a few people sitting on the fence an opportunity to save some money and help at the same time. I would never take donations as there are so many in real need. So sorry about your Pyreneese. I feel like I have been supporting the local vets economy this year. We lost our beloved kitty just a couple of months ago...that hurt too so the coffers are getting a tad thinner than I like. But again, no one will do without and finances will recover. So Im not saying it wouldnt help...but in my current search for a charity to actually partner with Phil-Tone I know there are those in desperate need and i consider myself lucky not to be among them. But again...thank you so much for the kind and generous thoughts.

Happy holidays
Phil

1 - 20 of 32 Posts