Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a brief time Im offering a sale for EU customers. Its not limited to the European Union but to the general geographic region. This is for hard rubber or brass pieces.

Long wait times are just absurd and sadly, a lot of the work done here is pretty but just doesnt work when you measure it out.

Here are some of the more recent examples on this forum thread: On The Bench

Contact me via email, not PM: [email protected]

Pieces ship to and from France.

· Registered
462 Posts
I highly recommend Phil to anyone needing a reface right now. He does a great job and he does it well done and quick! He won’t alter your piece unless you want to. He simply makes them play and respond well. My maestra tenor right here is excellent thanks to him.

· Distinguished SOTW Member
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hf.

Here is a no USA that had been worked on. The table is now flat, the curve straighted up and the baffle adjusted so its not thin and difuse anymore. In real life the tip rail is more trim than it looks. the light on metal reflects and flares out a little. Its in route to Poland.

Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Cosmetics Tints and shades Magenta

· Registered
Tenor, and alto..
106 Posts
Lucky guy!

· Registered
Tenor, and alto..
106 Posts
For a brief time Im offering a sale for EU customers. Its not limited to the European Union but to the general geographic region. This is for hard rubber or brass pieces.

Long wait times are just absurd and sadly, a lot of the work done here is pretty but just doesnt work when you measure it out.

Here are some of the more recent examples on this forum thread: On The Bench

Contact me via email, not PM: [email protected]

Pieces ship to and from France.
I'd just like to say that Phil's refacing work is out of this world.
I stand by what I say. After having my mouthpieces 'refaced' by others in France, I stumbled on Phil Tone in reality Phil Engleman, and lucky me. He refaces the same day and gets your mouthpiece back to you in a couple of days. Pricewise he was a give away before the reduction.

I sent him a mouthpiece that had already (in theory) been refaced by another Pseudo Master of refacing, however his work never impressed me, so I sent it to Phil. 'It' being an old Otto Link that turned out to be an Early Babbitt... which had been butchered. Phil sent me back the mouthpiece of my dreams. I play even more than I ever did now. Highly responsive, great tone (unless that's me) and even throughout the register whereas before it was leaking and hissing all over the place.

I would highly recommend Phil's work to anyone... well if I sent him all three of my pieces in the end, it was because I was seriously impressed. No 4 month waiting list. Just 4 days for me!

If you want to try his work, I'm in Toulouse. Call me up and I'll tell you more : EN FRANCAIS / ESPANOL / ENGLISH ..

its the least I can to thank Phil for his wonderful rescue of my sad mouthpieces!

Mike Wilson

• Love
Reactions: frozen fingers
1 - 7 of 7 Posts