Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It’s time to watch this again.
But I’ve changed my mind. Grand prize today goes to Gerald Albright.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Reviving a bit of an old thread here. But does anyone know what type of Yamaha James Carter is playing? It's too early for it to be an 82Z isnt it?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Reviving a bit of an old thread here. But does anyone know what type of Yamaha James Carter is playing? It's too early for it to be an 82Z isnt it?
If I remember it correctly he was playing a Yamaha 875 custom model at that time. I was a big fan of both James Carter and the Phil Collins big band record when I was younger and took some endorsement and promotion material with that info from the Yamaha booth at Musikmesse Frankfurt in 1997.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If I remember it correctly he was playing a Yamaha 875 custom model at that time. I was a big fan of both James Carter and the Phil Collins big band record when I was younger and took some endorsement and promotion material with that info from the Yamaha booth at Musikmesse Frankfurt in 1997.
Thanks, I thought it would have had to be a 875. Love his tone! And his playing is just on another planet good

21 - 24 of 24 Posts