Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried one yet? Reviews?

Figured it warrants it's own thread...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
Yeah this is a new one; I think Phil said it was "Linkish", (not his word). Is it hard rubber?.........

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have had a Soundmaster 7* for about three weeks. The first impression I got was that it is a "quality" piece. Nice thin tip rail, ,good gold plated finish and it has a slide on ligature a la' Lawton (but would accomodate a Selmer style or Rovner or whatever). I like the slide on. I've been playing a Guardala Studio for the past couple of years but I had been looking for something a little more flexible that I could shape the sound more on but still have a good amount of edge when needed. The Soundmaster is a very flexible mouthpiece
it's like a good Link with more bite. It is responsive and not stuffy at all. I was
playing a RJS 3M on the Guardala. On the Soundmaster I prefer a 2H and I may try a 3S. Anyway, I really like this piece a lot. It does the 50's Sonny thing and it does the Brecker thing. Nice all around piece that can be pushed.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Swingtone, I have no affiliation with Phil. EZ asked if anyone tried one. I've been playing Tenor for 30 yrs. I like the mouthpiece. Why is it interesting that I should like a particular piece? If it I thought it was a dog with fleas I'd say so.

·
Banned
2,206 Posts
No, I meant that the mouthpiece sounds very interesting--like I might want to try one! :)

In fact, it sounded almost too good to be true. Maybe that's why I asked if you were affiliated, which could mean something as innocuous as just being acquainted.

It's cool, man. :)

·
2,892 Posts
Phil Barone said:
Not only would I not allow it but I don't need it. Shoot.
Do you have any pics of these Phil? They sound interesting..........daryl

·
2,892 Posts
Phil Barone said:
I'm going to try to take3 some photos this week along with this tenor I have. Did anyone contribute a few bucks to SOTW today? Phil
I just did; you oughta keep reminding us............daryl

·
2,892 Posts
These aren't the droids you're looking for..........pssstt........donate to SOTW......

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
It's contagious. Watch out.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
So, has anyone but the three guys that posted contribute to SOTW? I knew it, I just knew it. Okay, I'll deduct any amount up to $50.00 off of a SoundMaster if you donate it to SOTW. Phil

·
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I contribute regularly.

·
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A high fiber diet and extra fluid intake will remedy that. Maybe Phil can share some recipes?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts