Sax on the Web Forum banner

Phenomenal ligature recommendation!

6K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  chubarry 
#1 ·
I want to make the biggest recommendation for this ligature company. Absolutely outstanding ligatures that are made incredibly well, and the sound and response I am getting with this is just phenomenal.

I really could not recommend a ligature any more than this! It’s just perfect for me and I wanted to help spread the word.
I don’t get paid to say any of this, I just always want to help the sax community and help spread the word, when the word should be spread.

I got in a couple Sax Clinic ligatures for my tenor mouthpieces, and also for my altos.

It’s called an SCV ligature, and it’s a rope ligature with one nice big screw on top.

I have always liked the rope ligatures, and I have wanted one with one screw on top instead of two. I also have always wanted that screw to have an oversized head so that it’s easy to manipulate.

These ligatures really check all of the boxes for me, and I could not be ANY happier.

If you are interested in getting one of these, just go to saxclinic.com

Tell them 10MFAN sent you. I don’t get anything for that, but it would be nice for them to know that I am helping spread the word about their great ligatures.

You can find out all the info on their website.

saxclinic.com

All the best, Mark

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
That means they will fit almost any piece. Resin/Plastic/3d Printed pieces all fall in the same sizes. Some oddball pieces exist which are in weird sizes that they may not fit, but for the most part, they will fit any standard mouthpiece.

#7 · (Edited)
It’s called an SCV ligature, and it’s a rope ligature with one nice big screw on top.
No thanks, that space is reserved for my big nose.

For me, it's Francois Louis ligs for almost 20 years and no need for anything else (even though I was curious (foolish?) enough to buy/try others).

#14 ·
They look very nice and I'm sure they are, I like string ligatures so I find them interesting. I have one of Antpea's and a Zac and both are good, although I also like my Optimum it just doesn't fit my current mouthpiece. I bought the Antpea one after reading about his explorations on SOTW and the Zac because for some reason I wanted to be able to adjust it more easily, but the Zac comes at a price, although less than the SCV, and the Antpea one is at least as effective at a third of the cost but I suppose they look kind of primitive which puts some people off.

The price of the SCVs is the main deterrent, they certainly look good, in fact they look expensive, and to be very well made but they are too much for me to just take a punt and anyway, as I said, I already have two string ligs. But still good to know about.

#15 · (Edited)
I have been using Antpea‘s ligature for a long time now. It opens up the sound and is wonderful!!!!
I have talked to him and told him it would be great if he could make one with a screw so that it wouldn’t need any adjustment initially and you could tighten it easily, and all of that.
This one with the screw is exactly what I was hoping for.
I HIGHLY recommend Ants ligatures, and the price is outstanding. I just hope he will come out with one with a screw…that would make me and many others incredibly happy.
One of his ligatures set up like this one, near the price range his are at now, will be an absolute grand slam for him! I look forward to that!

#16 ·
I want to make the biggest recommendation for this ligature company. Absolutely outstanding ligatures that are made incredibly well, and the sound and response I am getting with this is just phenomenal.

I really could not recommend a ligature any more than this! It’s just perfect for me and I wanted to help spread the word.
I don’t get paid to say any of this, I just always want to help the sax community and help spread the word, when the word should be spread.

I got in a couple Sax Clinic ligatures for my tenor mouthpieces, and also for my altos.

I have always liked the rope ligatures, and I have wanted one with one screw on top instead of two. I also have always wanted that screw to have an oversized head so that it’s easy to manipulate.

These ligatures really check all of the boxes for me, and I could not be ANY happier.

If you are interested in getting one of these, just go to saxclinic.com

Tell them 10MFAN sent you. I don’t get anything for that, but it would be nice for them to know that I am helping spread the word about their great ligatures.

You can find out all the info on their website.

saxclinic.com

All the best, Mark
The SCV ligature looks very similar to the Silverstein ligature. Has anyone compared them?

Reactions: saxobari and 10mfan
#21 ·
Thanks for this @10mfan
I was looking at these for some time and decided to purchase a tenor to try out. They look cool and I guessed they would work well.

Unfortunately, their website doesn’t allow me to get to the payment page. Super weird.
I emailed them, but they didn’t respond.

Hi
Our website is fully operational and we are constantly receiving orders for our ligatures, I'm sorry you could not place an order and I do not know what is the reason for that. We also constantly reply to all emails we receive and I'm really sorry if we did not reply to your email. For any information and additional assistance I am at your disposal at any time saxclinic@gmail.com

Thanks
Vladimir Trajanoski
SAX CLINIC

#38 ·
A few months back, I asked a fellow player about the unusual ligature he was using. He said it was from Macedonia so it must be the same company. (How many Macedonian ligature manufacturers can there be?!) This is a player who knows his gear.

I don't recognize the currency symbol used for the pricing. Is it Euros?

#39 ·
Just wondering if there is any less expensive version of this type of ligature (rope type)? It looks really cool and I really want to try one (currently using Rico H on tenor), but I really cannot justify to spend $200+ on a ligature when my mouthpiece is somewhat around $200~300😂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.