Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for this @10mfan
I was looking at these for some time and decided to purchase a tenor to try out. They look cool and I guessed they would work well.

Unfortunately, their website doesn’t allow me to get to the payment page. Super weird.
I emailed them, but they didn’t respond.

Hi
Our website is fully operational and we are constantly receiving orders for our ligatures, I'm sorry you could not place an order and I do not know what is the reason for that. We also constantly reply to all emails we receive and I'm really sorry if we did not reply to your email. For any information and additional assistance I am at your disposal at any time [email protected]

Thanks
Vladimir Trajanoski
SAX CLINIC

·
Forum Contributor 2011-2015
2,053 Posts
No thanks, that space is reserved for my big nose.

For me, it's Francois Louis ligs for almost 20 years and no need for anything else (even though I was curious (foolish?) enough to buy/try others).
I like FL Ultimate to the point I have one in every size. Still, the Sax Clinic ligature is at another level. Way better than anything else I have ever tried.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I visited the Sax Clinic website and saw that the saxophone ligatures appear to be available for alto and tenor only yet in the "Reviews" section there are several musicians shown holding soprano saxophones. Are ligatures for the soprano available also?

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,532 Posts
Thanks for this @10mfan
I was looking at these for some time and decided to purchase a tenor to try out. They look cool and I guessed they would work well.

Unfortunately, their website doesn’t allow me to get to the payment page. Super weird.
I emailed them, but they didn’t respond.
Their site is a little strange as most sites you add to cart and then put in your details. On the saxclinic site it asks for name, email, ligature size and color first. You have to enter those and then click save before you can add to cart. If you try to just add to cart without entering name and email first and don't click save it won't add it to the cart.

·
13,532 Posts
The SCV ligature looks very similar to the Silverstein ligature. Has anyone compared them?
Many people keep saying this but the only thing they have in common is using string. The design is completely different, Saying the are the same as Silverstein or similar is like saying every gold ligature is similar or the same.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Soprano Saxophone
326 Posts
Many people keep saying this but the only thing they have in common is using string. The design is completely different, Saying the are the same as Silverstein or similar is like saying every gold ligature is similar or the same.
Yes. I read your review and the comments since making my uninformed comment. Are you still using your SCV? They don't make a soprano ligature, but perhaps a B-flat clarinet ligature would work for soprano.

·
Soprano Saxophone
326 Posts
I visited the Sax Clinic website and saw that the saxophone ligatures appear to be available for alto and tenor only yet in the "Reviews" section there are several musicians shown holding soprano saxophones. Are ligatures for the soprano available also?
I just emailed them to ask them. Perhaps the clarinet ligatures fit soprano saxophone mouthpieces.

·
13,532 Posts
Yes. I read your review and the comments since making my uninformed comment. Are you still using your SCV? They don't make a soprano ligature, but perhaps a B-flat clarinet ligature would work for soprano.
Actually, the small yellow one (I have photos of it in the review) that is made for Guardala sized metal tenor mouthpieces fits perfectly on my Theo Wanne Gaia soprano mouthpiece and my Gerber LC soprano mouthpiece.

·
Soprano Saxophone
326 Posts
Actually, the small yellow one (I have photos of it in the review) that is made for Guardala sized metal tenor mouthpieces fits perfectly on my Theo Wanne Gaia soprano mouthpiece and my Gerber LC soprano mouthpiece.
Thanks!

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I like FL Ultimate to the point I have one in every size. Still, the Sax Clinic ligature is at another level. Way better than anything else I have ever tried.
I fully agree!!!!
I have several of the François Louis ligatures here, and the Sax Clinic ligature is far better than all of them.
People can use whatever they want to use. I was just here to pass on some great information about a REALLY wonderful ligature.
i’m using these on alto and tenor and they are both fantastic!

·
Soprano Saxophone
326 Posts
I just emailed them to ask them. Perhaps the clarinet ligatures fit soprano saxophone mouthpieces.
They told me that they are planning to start producing soprano ligatures next year.

Reactions: 10mfan
21 - 34 of 34 Posts