Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to see US sax player, Peter Fraize last night in the UK. He's a very good player and has a great sound. Does anyone know what his set up is?

Musical instrument Arm Saxophonist Guitar accessory Flash photography

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,515 Posts
I think that is what people assume a player wants to emulate another when they see these threads.

But there is nothing wrong with curiosity....unless your a cat and it kills you.

After looking, I am mildly interested just because its there :)

Its really externally pretty featureless (at least in the photo) Id tune back in just to know what it is.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that is what people assume a player wants to emulate another when they see these threads.

But there is nothing wrong with curiosity....unless your a cat and it kills you.

After looking, I am mildly interested just because its there :)

Its really externally pretty featureless (at least in the photo) Id tune back in just to know what it is.
I know, just kidding.

I'm interested because it sounds to me like it has a big baffle but his sound is more pleasing than some others who use high baffles. A very controlled, compact sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Scotssax, just stumbled onto this thread. It is an old sterling silver Dukoff D9, numbered 142. What show did you attend? Cheers, PF

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Peter and thanks for answering my question. The gig was in Swansea at Swansea Jazzland with Terry Seabrook back in July. I really enjoyed the gig and like I said you sounded great.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
Hi Scotssax, just stumbled onto this thread. It is an old sterling silver Dukoff D9, numbered 142. What show did you attend? Cheers, PF
Good eye or what?
Sterling Dukoffs are pretty rare. I’ve only seen one alto for sale on eBay a while back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts