Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line 6 M5 multi effects pedal. Currently, in my room, I have an adapter in my mic in which a 1/4" instrument cable plugs in, then runs through the M5 into a guitar amp. When I play live, what is the cheapest way to run the mic and pedal to the house PA? what equipment will I need?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
1/4" to a Direct Box - Then XLR microphone cable to the board. Simple and easy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think you could run an insert patch through your mic channel in the board, you will have to get a long send/return cable though, or adapt to 1/4" in/out lines.

Do you want separate channels for your wet and dry signal? Then you may have to get crafty and split your mic and send one dry signal to them and one wet, or two dry with an insert on one of them like stated above. (or possibly use a line out signal from your first channel). If the wet/dry mix is good for the sound guy, and he doesn't need to control it, then the first way would be best.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,006 Posts
When I play live, what is the cheapest way to run the mic and pedal to the house PA? what equipment will I need?
Answer: Just leave all those pedals and crap at home and run the mic straight into the PA. :) :)

Sorry, couldn't resist (the devil made me do it).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Answer: Just leave all those pedals and crap at home and run the mic straight into the PA. :) :)

Sorry, couldn't resist (the devil made me do it).
I understand, but being in a performing arts highschool where bebop is law, I need to cut loose and play LOUD music.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,006 Posts
I understand, but being in a performing arts highschool where bebop is law, I need to cut loose and play LOUD music.
LOL, no problem, I was joking. However, you can play very LOUD with a mic through a P.A. And of course you want to get a BIG sound on the horn, even without amplification.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts