Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few moths a go I tried to buy this great product, nice sound, cheap ( less than 50£) and sold by a small British company which made the shipment cheap and no need to pay any custom and handling charges since GB is in the EU.

I've never been able to acquire one because their stock was never enough to fulfil the needs of all the people wanting to buy it.

Today I got an email from them telling me that they have given the distribution of this product to Conn-Selmer in the States.

Making in one go way more expensive because it will be made for and distributed by a multinational across the Atlantic and not in Europe.[rolleyes] where GB belongs (whether this is or not the way they perceive themselves to be)

.....I don't think I will be buying it anymore.:( now that there is a higher cost a higher shipment cost, custom and handling........

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts
One of the 'bone palyers I work with had one and it was a great piece of kit.... strong tone, robust- worked extremely well

·
38,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, great shame they sold the idea to a big corporation which will make a lot more expensive especially for Europeans

·
Registered
629 Posts
yes, great shame they sold the idea to a big corporation which will make a lot more expensive especially for Europeans
Selling in the UK for 89GBP. You should try buying one in Australia, 295AUD! That equates to 195GBP at current exchange rates.

Would it be a little naughty of me to suggest that the material is not making a lot of difference to the sound on these!

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Yeah but the color does.
+2 on that.

However, if it's plastic, perhaps it will hurt less when you get hit with the slide sitting in the sax section... Something to think about.

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
+2 on that.

However, if it's plastic, perhaps it will hurt less when you get hit with the slide sitting in the sax section... Something to think about.
And it can double as a badass drinking glass for crazy after gig parties. Woohoo!!!

·
38,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that after they sold it to a big corporation this product lost its appeal to me...............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts