Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know much about his stuff? I know Griffin Campbell recorded his piece with string trio (or quartet) and his concerto.

For those that were at wildacres last summer, (hopefully) next summer I will be performing his alto sax and flute duet (with the same flute player), Janus. His wife and griffin campbell have recorded it for release on her new CD next year.

Thanks Mike, for the clarification. I've been in recent contact with him, but in re-reading one of his earlier emails, and reading an email from our flute teacher, there was a little mix-up. He did mention the NASA performance.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
bezozzi said:
For those that were at wildacres last summer, (hopefully) next summer I will be semi-premiering his alto sax and flute duet
Looking forward to it.

Angel

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you sure?

Unfortunately the piece has been performed... several times. I've been to at least two of these performances so I know first hand (Joey Trahan, former LSU now NCSA played it twice, once at a NASA conference). When was the last time you talked to the composer about this, maybe he doesn't know of these performances. Or maybe this is all a dream.

Mike
www.mstraus.net

1 - 3 of 3 Posts