Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
961 Posts
Raf, if you're referring to the version on YouTube, I agree, it's beautiful. Desmond plays it in a standard key, so I just downloaded the BIAB version of the Tune, learned the head, then spent some time copying Desmond's licks.... theyre relatively easy to pick up............. when played in this style, this tune is a real chick magnet!!

Al

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alsdiego said:
Raf, if you're referring to the version on YouTube, I agree, it's beautiful. Desmond plays it in a standard key, so I just downloaded the BIAB version of the Tune, learned the head, then spent some time copying Desmond's licks.... theyre relatively easy to pick up............. when played in this style, this tune is a real chick magnet!!

Al
where do i find this biab version

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just wanted to say that I really love this song. I transcribed version from the "summertime" album, and it wasn't that hard. I want to transcribe the Monterey jazz 1975 version (the youtube version) next.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I think Desmond played it in C and just used the standard changes. Something like this. You can add b9 to quite a few of the dominant chords.

| C6 | A-7 | D-7 | G7 |
| C6 | G-7 C7 | FMaj7 | Bb9 |
| AMaj7 | F#-7 | B-7 | E7 |
| A-7 | D7 | D-7 | G7#5 |
| CMaj7 | A-7 | D-7 | G7 |
| CMaj7 | C7#5 | FMaj7 | E7 |
| A-7 | B7 | E-7 | A7 |
| D-7 | G7 | Bb7#11 | A7 /G |
| F#-7b5 | F-7 | E-7 | A7 |
| D-7 | G7 | C6 | C6 |

·
Registered
599 Posts
I think Desmond played it in C and just used the standard changes. Something like this. You can add b9 to quite a few of the dominant chords.

| C6 | A-7 | D-7 | G7 |
| C6 | G-7 C7 | FMaj7 | Bb9 |
| AMaj7 | F#-7 | B-7 | E7 |
| A-7 | D7 | D-7 | G7#5 |
| CMaj7 | A-7 | D-7 | G7 |
| CMaj7 | C7#5 | FMaj7 | E7 |
| A-7 | B7 | E-7 | A7 |
| D-7 | G7 | Bb7#11 | A7 /G |
| F#-7b5 | F-7 | E-7 | A7 |
| D-7 | G7 | C6 | C6 |
hi guys i know this is an aged post, but still, does anyone know where to get the background music of this tune? thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts