Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Musicmedic and a few other places have c melody pads, but what about other c melody parts? If a pad cup broke or the octave key broke, would you use a tenor's, or do they make c melody parts?

· Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,082 Posts
Saxes are not like electronic equipment.

Any half-decent technician quickly repairs most broken parts.

If a part is severely wrecked, and a spare ids not economically available, then any half-decent technician can make a replacement part. (Pivot point screws are probably the most uneconomical parts to make as a one-off item.)

The only parts routinely replaced are missing or wrecked screws, and pads.
Even for pivot rods, it is almost always more economically to make a replacement in say 10 minutes, than to spend time finding a source (if it exists!) and ordering, only to find the wrong one arrives, or it is available only as a complete set.

When a technician is dealing with dozens of brands (many more models) of each type of instrument, most of them with unavailable spares, It is absolutely vital any good technician has the materials, skill, and equipment to make parts as required.

· Registered
26 Posts
Point is this is a C melody thread. A rare instrument with a very small following. So probably nobody reading this thread will have vintage alto parts.
Thanks for letting me know I posted in the wrong place How about tellling me where is the right place? It's an alto. This website is not user friendly for non-tech-savvy-old people.

· Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
43,506 Posts
Thanks for letting me know I posted in the wrong place How about tellling me where is the right place? It's an alto. This website is not user friendly for non-tech-savvy-old people.
the right place is here

it may be possible that you cannot access that area of the forum because it is isn the “ classified” section which is open to people with a minimum of 50 posts and 6 months membership.

Not meaning this in a snarky way but it is possible to find the right section without any deep tech knowledge.

the way I found it was to put “ Parts wanted “ in the search box, then find, from the list, the first ad wanting parts
going there and seeing in which section it is. But again that section may not be accessible to you.

· Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
43,506 Posts
To the OP,

I have a Wurlitzer C-Melody Sax that has already been scavenged for parts (before I got it) but it is still relatively complete. Send me a PM and tell me what you need and I might have it.

OP doesn’t need a part for a C melody, he has shown a picture of the part he needs but your Wurlitzer is a C melody (probably not made by Buescher) and He needs a part for ALTO , of course, this being in the C melody thread contributes to the confusion, I guess

Tire Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Distinguished SOTW Member
1,633 Posts
To the OP,

I have a Wurlitzer C-Melody Sax that has already been scavenged for parts (before I got it) but it is still relatively complete. Send me a PM and tell me what you need and I might have it.
If your Wurlitzer is a Martin stencil, I need that same key for my Martin C Melody, in case you have it :) Mine was broken and re-soldered, but I would like one that looks a bit better.
Finger Tool Thumb Wood Hand tool

· Distinguished SOTW Member
6,554 Posts
You still haven’t replied to your original post on my question. Operating instructions for the site are in the upper right. Look for your purple ”L”. Just to the right of it 3 dots click on that and go to FAQ. You won’t get into the wanted / for sale section until you exceed 50 posts. You’ve already been a member long enough.
all three places you posted this question people have answered.

· Registered
26 Posts
yeah, wow thanks for all the responses. I guess I'll try to find the right place to post my request for an "octave lever" for a 1921 Buescher True Tone Alto. I don't know when I will ever qualify to actually access the "classified" section.

BTW, I do have a Wurlitzer / Martin C melody and it is my main axe. I love it. I have lots of C melodies, all complete, not all working well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts