Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,480 Posts
LOVE IT!!
Sounds fantastic. Nick is a buddy of mine and such a wonderful player. I’ve only heard him on alto so this was a real treat.

That’s a heavy hitting crew!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOVE IT!!
Sounds fantastic. Nick is a buddy of mine and such a wonderful player. I’ve only heard him on alto so this was a real treat.

That’s a heavy hitting crew!

Nick is the dude! We’ve got a piece by Nick that we’ll get finished editing very soon. It’s realllllyyy great. Thanks for checking out our sounds!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,230 Posts
i enjoy all your videos, and this one is no exception. Well conceived and well executed!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mascio thank you so much!

Mojobari it’s over the changes of Cherokee. Stan Getz has a great version with Jim Hall I believe. (Borrowed a little linear harmony from their recording)

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Mascio thank you so much!

Mojobari it’s over the changes of Cherokee. Stan Getz has a great version with Jim Hall I believe. (Borrowed a little linear harmony from their recording)
I haven't heard Stan play it with Jim Hall. This is my favorite version from Storyville with Jim Raney. There is also a version from Carnegie Hall, but Jim Raney is on that also I believe. You guys sound great. I like your group.

https://youtu.be/G8396wpFZ7c.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't heard Stan play it with Jim Hall. This is my favorite version from Storyville with Jim Raney. There is also a version from Carnegie Hall, but Jim Raney is on that also I believe. You guys sound great. I like your group.

https://youtu.be/G8396wpFZ7c.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Oh yes! This is the recording I meant. I couldn't remember off hand exactly which one I was checking out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts