Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with one of these on tenor (Selmer, preferably)? Please share. Thank you!

·
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Roberto's Winds website there is a picture of Joel Frahm with one on his Mark VI. I wonder if he has ever recorded with it.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
ive been the guy starting posts like WOOD IS GOOD etc...

love the the sound,characteristics..... but the problems of wood have to be dealt with

Theo had a problem with the early wood mouthpieces that the glue didnt hold....solution??!! make them out of one piece of wood... his stable wood series are the best on the market

if they could make a neck out of 1 piece of wood it would be the bomb!!!.....and yes they sound AMAZING.....unfortunately....same problem as above

i dont know...are the soprano necks made from 1 piece???

·
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lick:Fantastic
I always love it when people are really excited about something :) But could you be a little more specific?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
I have a paraschos neck for my A992 Yanagisawa alto. IMHO, the projection is much better and I am using the paraschos for my funky, rock gig.
keeping the original bronze neck for my jazz/straight ahead stuff (for my tireless pursuit of the getz-desmond tonal concept)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Johan Van Der Lineden uses these necks on ATB, not soprano for obvious reasons. He sounds amazing and I believe he's on this forum. Send him a message if you're so inclined.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I always love it when people are really excited about something :) But could you be a little more specific?
I have one here... that was part of a Yanagisawa T992 out-fit that I was selling for a friend. I found the 992 to be a bit numb.(sorry if you play one:faceinpalm:) The Paraschos made the 992 better in every way. It has a Rich sound with gorgeous altisimo. I only wish it was the right size for my Borgani. I would very much like to swap it for a Borg size Paraschos. There is something quite special about them.

Come to think about it, I am not sure it could do as much for a Borgani Tenor... for the Borg is lacking nothing.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Come to think about it, I am not sure it could do as much for a Borgani Tenor... for the Borg is lacking nothing.
If it works - don't even think about "fixing it"- unless with another Borg neck, with a different angle , if that suits your frame / style of playing better

Blowhard2

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If it works - don't even think about "fixing it"- unless with another Borg neck, with a different angle , if that suits your frame / style of playing better

Blowhard2
Ahhh ! but I have two Borgani Tenors...and one of them needs a new neck. I would very much like to try a Paraschos on it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ahhh ! but I have two Borgani Tenors...and one of them needs a new neck. I would very much like to try a Paraschos on it.
Try them all - best way, but then ring Massimo at Borgani, and see what he can do !!

Blowhard2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts