Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
That is a great story. Thanks for posting the link. I am always heartened when music vendors take an interest in and support music education in all its forms. That helps to balance out those who do it just for the money.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
Great marketing stunt

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,366 Posts
I wonder when it will be on Ebay...
why does this make me think of the famous Diogenes of Sinope.............? :bluewink:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a great story. Thanks for posting the link. I am always heartened when music vendors take an interest in and support music education in all its forms. That helps to balance out those who do it just for the money.
I'm glad that there are still people like you in this world that understand that there really are people in this world that still like to help people. Cheers to you!!!

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
there really are people in this world that still like to help people.
And issue press releases about their corporate "altruism" afterward . . .

Still, I like to see this type of marketing strategy instead of many others, because at least a kid like the one in this case benefits. Good job, P. Mauriat!

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
I'm glad that there are still people like you in this world that understand that there really are people in this world that still like to help people. Cheers to you!!!
Thanks. I'm so very grateful that I don't have to live inside the heads of those who go through their lives being cynical about everything that appears good or worthwhile. I suspect that in many cases those who ascribe selfish ulterior motives to others are merely projecting those same flaws that they fail to recognize in their own makeup.

Buck Laughlin said:
And issue press releases about their corporate "altruism" afterward . . .
Rather than a being a "press release" from Mauriat, the article linked to was written by Lee Mergner the editor of Jazz Times for that magazine reporting the story. In order to be accurate about the facts, that distinction needs to be noted.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I'm so very grateful that I don't have to live inside the heads of those who go through their lives being cynical about everything that appears good or worthwhile. I suspect that in many cases those who ascribe selfish ulterior motives to others are merely projecting those same flaws that they fail to recognize in their own makeup.
The Ceo of P. Mauriat is a great person and is very genuine. He will go out of his way to help people. This wasn't instigated by P. Mauriat, but he was glad to help out. There seems to be a lot of giving going on lately in the music world. Times are hard for many people and I know many people that are helping out others.

·
40,366 Posts
...........I suspect that in many cases those who ascribe selfish ulterior motives to others are merely projecting those same flaws that they fail to recognize in their own makeup.
This might be as you say and as George Bernard Shaw saw it : "a pessimist is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself, and hates them for it."
but it could simply be the product of having became disenchanted with some aspects of the human nature because of some particular factors ......
Perhaps it would be better to do as Mel Brooks said ." "Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed. "

·
40,366 Posts
The Ceo of P. Mauriat is a great person and is very genuine.........
I've met him several times and I can tell you he is a very nice and decent fellow............

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
Rather than a being a "press release" from Mauriat, the article linked to was written by Lee Mergner the editor of Jazz Times for that magazine reporting the story. In order to be accurate about the facts, that distinction needs to be noted.
As I said, this is a good thing that P. Mauriat did. But how do you suppose the editor of Jazz Times found out about it? While people often act with genuinely disinterested and selfless concern for others, for-profit corporations rarely do. But again, I wish more corporations did more things like this, regardless of their actual business-related motivations.

Now, if we want to pay homage to a music industry entity that is (IMO) truly "paying it forward," let's publicly recognize the good work that Pete Thomas (http://www.petethomas.co.uk/donations.html) is doing to, among other things, provide musical access to disabled children -- regardless of their talent level.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As I said, this is a good thing that P. Mauriat did. But how do you suppose the editor of Jazz Times found out about it? While people often act with genuinely disinterested and selfless concern for others, for-profit corporations rarely do. But again, I wish more corporations did more things like this, regardless of their actual business-related motivations.

Now, if we want to pay homage to a music industry entity that is (IMO) truly "paying it forward," let's publicly recognize the good work that Pete Thomas (http://www.petethomas.co.uk/donations.html) is doing to, among other things, provide musical access to disabled children -- regardless of their talent level.
I give it up for Pete, Double cheers to him!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,710 Posts
why does this make me think of the famous Diogenes of Sinope.............? :bluewink:
He was too easy on folks. But as for the topic on hand, this whole thread reeks of motive. I mean, from yet another P. Mauriat plug to a slap at other dealers. And who honestly believes that any corporation isn't out to make money? Pretty silly stuff man...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I dont know`about Panama, but if he was in the states he'd have to sell it to pay the taxes on it. He might have enough left to buy a used Barone, which as we all know, is the same thing anyway. :)
Are you shure? The barones of today certainly doesent look like P.Mauriats to me. But, I have not tried them.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts