Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Move this post if I posted this at the wrong section of the forum.

Every horn has their own fingering for reaching the altissimo. Those who play the selmer has their favoritte(?) and those who play the Keilwert aswell.
The alto have their fingerings and so the tenor. I havnt quite found the altissmo fingering that works well with the mauriat tenor, and therfore I lay down on my knees and beg for help! :p

I ask you experienced players, or not so experienced players to help me find altissimo fingerings that works well with the mauriat.

It could be great if you tell what mpc you use if this has something to do with the reaching of the altissimo.

Kindly regards

Nikolai

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
The ones in "Top Tones" seem to work for me on different good horns. When it comes to Chinese stuff there are probably more variables in the quality of the workmanship that affects the overtones and altissimo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Whaler...these are not horns made in china..they are Tiawaness, and the quality is very good. I have the 66r and was very happy to see that I could get alt notes so very easy...

"top tones" works for these horns too, although top tones is more like a guide for any horn, but with enough expermintation you can get all the screaming notes you want.

have you played any of the P Mauriets?

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Go here:

http://www.saxlessons.com/

Even though the fingering the author lists is for Selmer horns, I have used it on both my PMauriat tenor (a black pearl) and Yami soprano, and it works fine.

As for mpc, I use a Runyon Spoiler (metal) with Rico Royal #3 reed. Each to his own, but I have always found it easier to reach the altissimo with a metal pc than a rubber one.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
I tried the Mauriat and felt the only problem was that is overpriced for the quality of the horn. My $600 Yanagisawa plays a LOT better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts