Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried my friends P Mauriat System 76 2nd edition and it was totally amazing . Almost perfect care free intonation and free blowing . I was surprised how good it was as I just sold my Buffet Paris SDA soprano that was beautiful but miserable with intonation. Now I need to get one !

Doug

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,331 Posts
Wow....I have been a skeptic, how would you compare it to a yani s6 or 880?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I find that the System 76 sopranos play great, good intonation,acuratetuning, good ergonomics, free blowing with good, rich tone. Playing the upper register and altissimo is easy to execute on these as well. Nice!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love my P Mauriat 76 Soprano. Got it about 5 years ago, it blew much easier than the LA Sax sop I had at the time. And I definitely liked it more than the Yamaha 475 and Cannonballs that I tried. I haven't played any Yanis, Selmers or high end Yamahas so I really have no opinion how it compares to those. But it's a nice horn and I enjoy playing it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wanted to quietly mention that I don't want you to miss this opportunity if you are ready to buy one soon. I have a 30% off sale on P.Mauriats till the end of September, after that it will be 25% off. Let me know if you need anything. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did quite a bit of research prior to making a selection. I've got a 76 Sope heading my way today and very much looking forward to it. I too am replacing an L.A. Sax that I picked up in '91 - good horn for the the $700 I paid for it at the time - just limiting in intonation and pretty much impossible to center in the upper registers past high D.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my P Mauriat 76 Soprano. Got it about 5 years ago, it blew much easier than the LA Sax sop I had at the time. And I definitely liked it more than the Yamaha 475 and Cannonballs that I tried. I haven't played any Yanis, Selmers or high end Yamahas so I really have no opinion how it compares to those. But it's a nice horn and I enjoy playing it.
For soprano, I already have Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series Straight Soprano(Raven)(S5-BICEB). I am interesting in P Mauriat Sys 76 2nd Straight Soprano, but there is no demo horn for my testing in HKG. Anyone can tell the difference and feeling about these two horns?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.