Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of a bunch of endorsers who play the 76 and the 66 but I haven’t heard of anyone playing the Black Pearl. Does anyone here play this model? Has anybody who plays Mauriats have any experience playing them side to side with the other models? I’m curious because a couple have popped up on eBay lately I’ve owned both the 76 and 66, heard how different they are and I would love to know how this horn compares.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
I had one for about 1 minute. Yech. Stick with the 76. Its fantastic.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to find another 76. My teacher loved my 66 and thought the 76 was way too resistant. I did like the sound a little more for a while but then fell more and more for the 66 and sold the 76, especially after a tech said that these start to have problems after about 4 years because they use inferior materials! Never listen COMPLETELY to ANYone!!! Bob Reynolds and James Carter and Greg Osby don’t seem to be dumping THEIR Mauriats after 4 years.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I would like to find another 76. My teacher loved my 66 and thought the 76 was way too resistant. I did like the sound a little more for a while but then fell more and more for the 66 and sold the 76, especially after a tech said that these start to have problems after about 4 years because they use inferior materials! Never listen COMPLETELY to ANYone!!! Bob Reynolds and James Carter and Greg Osby don’t seem to be dumping THEIR Mauriats after 4 years.
I also heard that the P. MAURIATS start to rattle after a time. As for Bob Reynolds, he doesent play his. Only did a few times on gigs and his blog. Many years since I saw it now. His mk6 get all the gigs and his sba mostly sits in the dark too.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts