Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric Drake at Saxcraft in Berkeley Ca.
Just getting his name in the mix here.
I have played 20 or 30 of the mouthpieces in his extensive inventory.
All of which he worked on. It was a little disturbing to realize that I had played on a 2nd rate mouthpiece for so many years. Oh well, at least not 3rd rate.
I'm not an expert on the minutia but I do have a reasonable understanding of the factors and it's clear to me that he know's what he's doing and has the dexterity to execute it correctly. I have seen and played on mouthpieces worked on by various other guys over the years, not everyone of course, but he is the guy I'd call.
Every mouthpiece job he's done for me has been outstanding. Finish work looks great and he does something just right with the curve I guess, because they all play well from top to bottom. If you are looking for a specific mouthpiece he may have a great one ready to go.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
Did Eric work with Jey Clark?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
I was under the impression that Eric worked at Saxology, did the name change recently?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the name changed.
Yes I believe they had some sort of business connection.
Eric commented on some differences they had regarding facing curves.
I think the website is languishing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Yes, i've had that problem with the website. Have the hours changed at all, and where are you located in the bay area?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
Pgraves said:
Yes the name changed.
Yes I believe they had some sort of business connection.
Eric commented on some differences they had regarding facing curves.
I think the website is languishing.
I've had a few of Jey's pieces and I think Jey liked really long facings. Maybe that's what he's talking about.........daryl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts