Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
When you do get back on the bike, remember LOW GEARS.

I believe that bicycling (LOW GEARS and SPINNING) is what's kept my two bad knees together for 50 years. I was born with two bad knees.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Thanks Mark. Hopefully the diagnosis is correct!

And thank you, Turf. My biking days had already come to an end, before this happened. This only seals the deal, all the more. Riding down along the Cape Cod Canal against the wind, will kill you......even in the lowest gears!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have a followup appointment with my rheumatologist on the 6th. Haven't figured out how I'm getting there yet, since I still can't walk.....but maybe by then I'll be able to do the crutches, without killing myself!

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,656 Posts
Tendonitis can be a real emmereffer.
I've had it in my thumbs.
I'll keep sending the vibes!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Tendonitis can be a real emmereffer.
I've had it in my thumbs.
I'll keep sending the vibes!
Emmereffer.......nicely put, BandMommy! Much appreciated. Looks like it's going to take all of yours, and then some, before I'm able to just get up and walk. Can't sleep to save my life tonight!

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,656 Posts
Emmereffer.......nicely put, BandMommy! Much appreciated. Looks like it's going to take all of yours, and then some, before I'm able to just get and walk. Can't sleep to save my life tonight!
Well, I'll scrounge up a few extra vibes and throw those in too.
Thankfully mine was able to be helped with a mix of Tylenol and ibuprofen.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Last night, I drove myself crazy, wanting to play the new piece! I didn't do anything though, because the pain level had been pretty high, all day.
Earlier this afternoon though, after getting a little sleep, from the none I got last night, I started thinking how I could do it. I've been getting a little better at sitting down and standing up, from the walker. So I dragged a dining room chair over to the sax case, moved the stand, and found myself a way to play, sitting down. Not the most comfortable proposition, but it was doable for a little while.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How’s it going? Hope your pain has subsided and you’re able to get back doing things you like!

I am going on three weeks post op from having my left knee replaced. Seems like going to bed turns up the pain several notches so sleep is still disrupted. Making progress every day but so far only looking at the alto standing patiently in the corner waiting. It’s more patient than I am, but my impatience is focused on walking. One step at a time!

best of luck to you, and thinking of you and everyone else on the forum fighting health issues. Stay safe and get well!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,038 Posts
Thanks for sharing an update, Darrell. Tendonitis is something that you can recover from, so Yay!

Be well - but don’t try to rush it. Yeah, I should listen to myself. I am in recovery AGAIN for my sprained wrist because I didn’t wait long enough before starting rehab PT.

Getting old(er) may suck sometimes, but we can make it worthwhile.

All the best,

George

Reactions: Brujo

·
Registered
569 Posts
Blew my neck out bad in '97 just before a gig with the Neville Brothers at the House of Blues. Started a 10 year affair with vicodan>morphine>oxycontin>fentanyl>heroin......You know, the usual progression. Wow, that was a ride....Did kill the pain which was a 9. But at what cost. Took 2 years to get off that Merry go round. Neck/arm/hand still hurt but now I can live with it.....Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Th
How's it going? Hope your pain has subsided and you're able to get back doing things you like!

I am going on three weeks post op from having my left knee replaced. Seems like going to bed turns up the pain several notches so sleep is still disrupted. Making progress every day but so far only looking at the alto standing patiently in the corner waiting. It's more patient than I am, but my impatience is focused on walking. One step at a time! Had a married couple from England, who taught at his school, tell me I sounded just like him, one time. They sat and stayed for the whole little lunch hour mini concert! That was great fun!

best of luck to you, and thinking of you and everyone else on the forum fighting health issues. Stay safe and get well!
Thank you, Brujo. I could use all the well wishes I can get, right about now. Last night, I fell asleep on the toilet and woke up half way, on my way to the floor. Landed square on my hands and knees. Thankfully, just a bit more sore than before, today. I must have some cat in me, afterall? (I used to specialize on Cat, when I busked on guitar and vocals).
Thanks for sharing an update, Darrell. Tendonitis is something that you can recover from, so Yay!

Be well - but don't try to rush it. Yeah, I should listen to myself. I am in recovery AGAIN for my sprained wrist because I didn't wait long enough before starting rehab PT.

Getting old(er) may suck sometimes, but we can make it worthwhile.

All the best,

George
Thanks George. I figure, falling off the toilet every few nights out to take the worry out of going too fast, trying to recover!

21 - 40 of 75 Posts