Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,078 Posts
You’ll be fine Darryle. Get it done. I have a friend that has had both his knees replaced. He had one comment. “ I waited 20 years too long to get it done“
He was 72 at the time of surgery. 83 now and still very active.

·
5,078 Posts
The more involved in medicine that my body is causing me to become, the less impressed I am with the approach a great many doctors take to their jobs. Practically no mention of nutrition, and more attention paid to handing out pills, as their "cure" to their patient's problems, especially where pain is concerned. They seem to have no concept of it, and how it affects a person's life, in a physically debilitating way.
Meds suck.
I've had the same experience. To the point of being referred to a physiologist because the meds didn't work. Changed doctor. Turned out to be food related issues. Complete histamine intolerance. I'm seeing a dietitian now. Food related histamine management is quite a art.

Have a knee brace ? Any PT available ? Anything the Sotw gang can do to help you out ?

·
5,078 Posts
@rek all true.
I also have some luck taking Boswellia for joint pain.
Staying away from tomatoes & nightshades foods keeps the arthritis in check

·
5,078 Posts
Get away from high fructose corn syrup and refined sugar. It took me awhile but organic raw sugar made a lot of difference.
Ask to see a nutritionist /dietitian. Foods like spinach were killing me. Who knew ?

·
5,078 Posts
As much as that might be the solution to the problem, I'm reluctant to use it. I was treated for marijuana addiction, back in '89. Now, they legalize it! Go figure. The unfortunate thing is that my retirement income doesn't really have any room for it.
Got seeds ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts