Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Tenney Tone Edge from a music store in L.A. Its amazing, but I was hoping for a little more info on it. I was wondering about its age. Its not a slant, and it does say USA on it.it has a bp10e stamped on the back. its very worn, definitely not new. the box it came in was white with orange letters, says eburnated hard rubber mouthpiece on it. 2201 industrial parkway elkhart IN 46516. taped on was a tenney pro line woodwind mouthpieces sticker. 2810 neola ceder falls, IA 50613. Any info is appreciated!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,180 Posts
Check out Saxquest.com - this is a modern piece reworked by Tenney and sold by Saxquest - different from the Slant.

·
distinguished member
371 Posts
JackThe7th said:
I just picked up a Tenney Tone Edge from a music store in L.A. Its amazing, but I was hoping for a little more info on it. I was wondering about its age. Its not a slant, and it does say USA on it.it has a bp10e stamped on the back. its very worn, definitely not new. the box it came in was white with orange letters, says eburnated hard rubber mouthpiece on it. 2201 industrial parkway elkhart IN 46516. taped on was a tenney pro line woodwind mouthpieces sticker. 2810 neola ceder falls, IA 50613. Any info is appreciated!
Jack, I started the BP10E line of mpcs in 2002 using hand-selected Link and Meyer mpcs and hand-finishing them. "BP" means "BluePrinted" to original specifications without the typical mass-manufacturing "tolerances" or variations and "10E" is "shorthand" for Tenney. It will be either a 7 or 7* and was originally sold by Saxquest who have full information about them on their website. I'm pleased you find it "amazing" as many other players have also found theirs to be.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea its a 7, thanks for the info, from Tenney himself even! Well I get out of it exactly what its advertised for, and am very happy. Picked it up for $250, good to see i didnt get ripped off, since they come origional for 210. Had to drive a far way but it was worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts