Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Ignorant trombone player here.
I recently sold an old Yamaha tenor saxophone from my father, and in the case there was an Otto Link Super Tone Master mouthpiece.
I was about to sell it for 100€ but then I did some research on the web and it appears that this is a Florida NO USA model 9.

Can anyone here help me confirm this (or not) and give me an idea of the price I could ask for this piece ?
I checked some models on ebay quite pricey... some of them more than 1000 USD.

Here are some pictures for you to see. It's in a quite mint state, since it has not left the saxophone case for about 30 years.
Unfortunately the cap is missing.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XrtB6v4rwvIS54Hr1y-U9fwBiDa0fjrt?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot.
maskedbone

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,907 Posts
Smart move. that is a vintage link. The ligature alone is worth more than 100

Im not the foremost expert on vintage links but it looks like a No USA Florida Link. This makes it worth a pretty penny.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,151 Posts
Definitely worth some money. And I'm pretty sure the missing cap has no effect on its value. No one really cares about the cap since better caps are available. So don't let anyone talk you down on price due to the 'valuable missing cap.'

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,151 Posts
I dont know JL....those vintage caps play pretty well :)
:) Yeah, the gold plate gives a real warm 'ring' to the tone! But seriously, I never liked those metal caps. They don't seem to fit all that will and fall off too easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you both for your answers.
However, what is "a pretty penny" ? :D
I need something a bit more precise... how much would you sell it ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure it has never been refaced because my father had it in the case of the saxophone for about 30 years and bought it in a store near my home in the 70's.
That's a great discovery so ! =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts