Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The slant siganture ligatures for alto and tenor are easily recognizable but not so much for soprano. I can't find any resources that show what the original slant signature soprano ligatures look like that would have come stock with them in the box, would anyone be able to help me out? Some pictures or info would be great, just for recognition purposes. Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,632 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link :p but I’m actually looking to see what the original Ligatures looked like as I’m pretty certain they weren’t that kind of lig stamped with an S

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,181 Posts
I can't recall the sopranos but in the 1960s, I would visit the Florida factory and the altos and tenors had a basic nickel plated lig with an octagonal hole which framed the logo.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't recall the sopranos but in the 1960s, I would visit the Florida factory and the altos and tenors had a basic nickel plated lig with an octagonal hole which framed the logo.
Hey Bruce, did it look something like this? This is the lig that came with a slant sig soprano piece and it’s what sparked my question here because I couldn’t tell if it’s the original ligature or not

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts