Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,541 Posts
I own two. A 7* that I bought from Dr.G, last year, and a 5* that I bought new, a few weeks back. The newer one has slightly uneven width rails, but both play nice and sound the way I want them to. I've given thought to trying to even up the curved undercut of the sidewalls with a rattail file, but I'm not too confidant about the clearance, further into the chamber. I finally decided to not mess with a good thing. I really don't think the "air" can tell that there's a little more material to the left side of the window, than there is to the right side.

· Registered
1,541 Posts
Be careful, though. There are two types for sale out there. The one like I got, a slant signature model, and then there's a less expensive straight signature model. I went for the more expensive slant model, figuring 'you get what you pay for.' I don't know for a fact that the less expensive ones are worse than the more expensive, but with all the talk about bad Links being sold, they have to be coming from somewhere, and my two modern slants are fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.