Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,I just purchased my first otto link mouth piece to fit my selmer black lacqure tenor.I've been playing a slemer hard rubber C* that came with the sax.How ever the opening for the neck on the otto link is too large. Do i have to change the cork for the metal mouth piece? As my hard rubber is still a snug fit and the cork looks as good as the day i bought it

·
Registered
653 Posts
You might want to put this in a diffrent sub-forum.....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Yes, you may have to have the neck re-corked. But first, you can just rap the neck with teflon tap to build it up. That way you can try out the Link and see if it is for you. But don't decide too quickly. It may take a while for the Link to grow on you. I had to struggle when I first got my first Link STM. But soon I was in love. The STM has been my main piece ever since.

You may find that they sometimes play better and are less reed-picky if you will get them refaced. Currently, I play a Florida STM refaced by EZ. It is an awesome piece.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,494 Posts
If you want it refaced there is a guy in QLD that did my Link STM.

He did a great job. Mark Spencer

Contact him at [email protected]

he has a web site as well, www.sax.com.au

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
kavala said:
If you want it refaced there is a guy in QLD that did my Link STM.

He did a great job. Mark Spencer

Contact him at [email protected]

he has a web site as well, www.sax.com.au
That is one pretty mouthpiece on his homepage. The exagerrated rollover baffle design probably plays well too. Price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts