Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would appreciate everybody鈥檚 input on this mouthpiece. Slightly slimmer body then a slant signature I have. Do you think this is a Florida or a Babbit? Pleasant surprise in a horn I just purchased. First post here. Thanks for your opinion.

Attachments

Registered
The box reads Florida so I鈥檇 guess Florida unless there鈥檚 anything that makes you feel different. The ones with the slimmer body and fit tighter on the cork are the good ones.
You could always ask the person you got it from. That would be the logical decision.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Bass Sax Boss
I had one exactly like this. Straight signature, Florida box. I had purchased several Links a few years earlier at the factory during the slant signature era. I bought the straight sig new in the Florida box from a music store about 15 miles from the factory around 1976-1977. I tried it before I bought it and it was a GREAT mouthpiece.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome chart. It does have a steep body to beak transition. It also has a noticeably slightly slimmer body. I鈥檝e not seen too much discussion about that difference in late Fla / EB models.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts