Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the bite plate on an metal Otto Link STM NY? How are they attached and can they be easily removed? Do you know of a source for replacements?

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Unfortunately you can't just buy a piece that will fit in the slot. You have to send it back to them and they'll glue an oversize piece in then sand it down. It will have to be plated again. I could do it too but it will be more expensive and the plate will be white. Phil

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually Phil you have answered 2 questions. What I was really thinking, as a last resort, is to pick up a used NY Link, strip the gold and replate with silver; however, I am nearly set on giving your silver Hollywood a try. I will have my silver mouthpiece! I think the JK Shadow deserves one.

If it adds to the tone and playability of a NY Link, and I believe it must!, then it will be worth it to me. If no one has tried one on a Shadow yet then it must be done! I will contact you on your site. Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.