Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I bought a Silver plated Soprano (Orsi) just for cruriosity.
It needs some leveling work and i broke a needle also.

My question is:
By your experience, is it worthy to spend money in a good repair?
Do this horns play fine when working fine?
How much does it worth in the market after perfect condition - just in case i do not like the final result? (i actually have 2 curved ones, one Buescher TT and a SC992, so i am very well served).

ps. the serial is D5463 but i could not find its age anywhere...

Kind Regards

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,888 Posts
I Know the curved Orsi. Is the Orsi curved or straight? The curved is a simple but good sax. They are nice. It is worth spending the money if you like the sax. The market value is not huge for these saxophones and its value would change quite a bit depending on where you are.

Orsi has no chart for age and serial number you can call the company and they give you a 10 year span ballpark..........:faceinpalm:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Orsi has no chart for age and serial number you can call the company and they give you a 10 year span ballpark..........:faceinpalm:
Eh Eh! Italian and Portuguese people we have been just a mess in the past. We Portuguese people, still are.
It is the Straight model. The tone is funny and grows every minute i play, but as this particular horn is not in perfect conditions (is not sealing well), there are some weird notes in the middle range and is a bit out of tune when comparing both octaves. Anyway, the horn is in a pretty good shape and at least will work for any friend that needs a spare horn.

Kind regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts