Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,981 Posts
Well...let's put it this way...Orpheos are NOT considered good horns. But One cannot much find an Alto in playing shape for that cheap, anywhere....It's an offshore-produced horn, not sure whether chinese, Taiwanese, or elsewhere. They do not get high marks around here...

Now...if your budget can go up to $350....you can get a much, much better instrument.

But if you are basically maxed out at $300....these cheap asian-made horns are about what you are gonna be stuck with....

·
Registered
545 Posts
semi professional? might as well call it begintermediate! if i were buying an asian made horn, and i have bought a few in the past, i would buy a professional model period because then they're more likely to play the way a horn is supposed to play. also, orpheo seems to have a decent reputation, but again, i wouldnt buy an asian made horn thats not a pro model horn. there are other factors that im sure many will chime in with, but for me, this is a big thing. anything less than that would be getting quite iffy...especially if you cant try it out before you buy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts