Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You think this Selmer is in original condition?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170598227464

I think the pearls are wrong the felts have been changed - so it's had an overhaul and the pads wont' be original as the buyer claims.
The lacquer of originals hides the nickel parts on the G rod adn crook socket but you can see it clearly here.

What do you think?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
this seller is sotw member Horned Toad,..... Marin. If he says it's original-it is. On all my original Mk VI's the nickle receiver ring is not lacquered and the lacquer on the rods wears off easily. Curious as to what you think is wrong about the pearls. Overhauling a horn does not make it non original-why would you want 40+ year old pads and felts?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
this is all original and if you don't think it's original, you're going to get majorly disspointed when dealing with sellers that are less scrupulous than Marin wich is a good honest person and top that with his vast experience with Selmers.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't want old pads but the seller says they are original. It looks overhauled to me, which is what you'd expect.
French ones have the nickel hidden. Is it a US thing not lacquering the nickel to look like brass?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts