1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Just checked in Ebay.

one there now. In Australia.

expensive though.

· Formerly 1958SelmerMarkVI
1,579 Posts
If you are looking specifically for that first year with the slide on ligature, that's a tall order. I've been selling vintage sax gear for almost 20 years and have yet to come across one WITH its original lig (although I've had a several that had the grooves on the side for the ligature, but it was missing). If you are open to the subsequent variation which used the more common Otto Link bottom screw ligature, those aren't too hard to find, and they are usually fairly reasonably priced. They usually go for $150-250 on ebay. They are warm and mellow sounding, but very difficult to get any reasonable amount of volume or projection in my experience.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Not impossible at all. Just be patient. And like greatlakes says; don't expect to find one with the original ligature.

Just checked in Ebay.

expensive though.

Seems like a reasonable price to me. It's an old piece that doesn't show up every day.

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked in Ebay.

expensive though.

Well, you only live once, so....

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
38,403 Posts
you arnt missing anything. my very first metal mpc was an alto original master link. stuffy and dead sounding. terrible mpc . esp for alto
That may just reflect its place in its time, back when alto saxes were to be seen and not heard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts