Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to find time to work with my tenor and alto everyday but now I am
receiving my 1950 12m bari this week.At my age embouchure fatigue is a problem.I have been splitting my time with 45min tenor then 45min alto.
I know I cannot add another 45min.on the bari so I was thinking perhaps
30 min.on each or rotating daily sessions with each instrument.
If all three each day would you go largest to smallest?
Any advice?Thanks

·
SOTW Administrator
26,247 Posts
lamar reeves said:
I try to find time to work with my tenor and alto everyday but now I am
receiving my 1950 12m bari this week.At my age embouchure fatigue is a problem.I have been splitting my time with 45min tenor then 45min alto.
I know I cannot add another 45min.on the bari so I was thinking perhaps
30 min.on each or rotating daily sessions with each instrument.
If all three each day would you go largest to smallest?
Any advice?Thanks
I practice on all four saxes. I don't try to play all of them in a single day. I'll play one for one (or two) days, then go to another size for the next day's practice.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I would agree. I try to put some time in on a clarinet and some on Baritone every day, but I wouldn't worry about making sure all your saxes get some time every day. I can't see short practice sessions on each being especially beneficial. Do, however, try to avoid not playing any one of them for too long at a stretch or you'll likely feel the need for a longer warmup before you're feeling comfortable with it again.

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,792 Posts
I usually grab something big, because that's what I primarily use on stage.

These days, I have a flute and a cheap soprano that I pick up to just doodle with. I just don't have much time for anything formal.

When I have time, I stick to my two main women: The Cleveland and Paris Girls. I try to make them sound the same, and they constantly try to out-do each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts