Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering what these saxophones are like cos they sure look beautiful for their price. i have searched but it seems there are only a couple of feedbacks on these saxes. Are they any good?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have an unlacquered tenor from saxophone.com. I am very happy with it. It's a Selmer copy, made in the Far East somewhere, but it plays very well. It could probably use an adjustment, but the ergonomics are just like the Selmer I played in college. I am a little unhappy about the "feel" of the G# key action, it feels a little light and vague, but the note always comes out without any lag. It is a solidly built horn, and I can't complain about the price because I got it during his end of the year sale. Half off the website price - less than what it's going to cost to get my Buescher tenor up and running. It's a good horn for a good price.

I play it with a new Otto Link Super Tone Master NY 7 mouthpiece, and it can project, but also whisper, subtone, and roar, just like any other saxophone.

Check one out, the guy is really easy to work with, and he wants his customers to be satisfied...

dv

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I did take a chance on the black nickel alto and i absolutely love it. Everything has worked for me with the horn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts