Sax on the Web Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,679 Posts
In my experience a well set up Eastlake Zephyr can hang with any other bari. True you give a little bit away with non articulated G#/no front F but if you play it long enough it’s not so much a problem. It’s a killer solo horn neiher sweet nor bullish...with work/skills and a Good mpc! you’ll get it done.

FWIW, I rarely work in a section but I had no problem hangin with a low A Magna in a TOP style section one nite a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Maybe related, maybe not, but I'm a big fan of my Eastlake tenor, and I have a Cleve too. Maybe that suggests the Eastlake bari's are similarly equivalent. Mines a mid 60's Eastlake, 50's Cleveland.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
4,753 Posts
Maybe related, maybe not, but I'm a big fan of my Eastlake tenor, and I have a Cleve too. Maybe that suggests the Eastlake bari's are similarly equivalent. Mines a mid 60's Eastlake, 50's Cleveland.
Same here, tenorwise: 50's Cleveland and a 60's Eastlake . On that basis the Bari equivalent must be good !

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Same here, tenorwise: 50's Cleveland and a 60's Eastlake . On that basis the Bari equivalent must be good !
Most likely multiple issues with the setup of this particular Zephyr bari. I checked with a Tech (who has done great work for me) in the same area where this horn was overhauled and he knew the shop and didn’t have anything positive to say about their work. That was a major factor in not taking a chance on this horn.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts