Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with BAM's La Defense Cabin cases? How much room is there for things like a neckstrap, box of reeds, etc? Are they light? Protect the horn well? Comfortable to carry?

I'm looking for a new case, and I do fly a bit with my tenor. I want something durable, light, protective, and with at least a little space for some accessories.

Thanks!

Paul

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the BAM Cabine , what's the La Defense? Mine is light, easy to carry (I use the backpack straps), holds neckstrap, reed case, mouthpiece and neck go in my bell. I fly several times a month, no problems.
La Defense is, I think, the version of the Cabin model with a brushed aluminum exterior.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
I really like my standard Cabine case. Fits a VI like a glove. Not a lot of storage but creativity works wonders with in the bell storage. I've flown with it several times with no issues...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am in the market for a new case too and was looking at the Cabine or an skb. Here in Aus the SKB is cheaper. Any comments on the which is the tougher case ? When you guys say you fly with the Cabine is that in the cabin or in the hold ? thanks. Its for my SIII tenor.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello, all.
Well, I bought myself the La Defense BAM tenor case. I think it is great. Fits my Mark VI to a tee; my SBA fits okay, too, though it's a little snug.
The case is very slim and light. There are two interior spaces for stuff - a rectangle underneath the main body of the horn where I'm putting a neckstrap and swag. There is also a little compartment along the spine of the case where you could put a mouthpiece (I put that in the bell with the neck). I keep an extra ligature there along with business cards.
I have not flown with this yet, but, as others have said, it will clearly fit in the overhead compartment. The backpack feature is my favorite. After 25 years of hanging a case off my right shoulder, distributing the (light) weight on both shoulders is wonderful. And finally, the aluminum exterior seems very protective.

Happy horn player.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,596 Posts
Cabine all the way, I have the la defense and it fits my Yamaha great. I have everything I need in the case, I have 2 boxes of reeds, my music medic spring hook ReedGeek and my strap and mouthpiece in the case NOT IN THE BELL.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts