Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Got excited for a few minutes, then I took a quick look here and it appears the sax instructors seem to be predominately classical in orientation. I need help negotiating and navigating chord changes & how to survive Cherokee at the speed of sound, & understanding rhythm change tunes.

Question: Are there on line instructions that better fit a jazz orientation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got excited for a few minutes, then I took a quick look here and it appears the sax instructors seem to be predominately classical in orientation. I need help negotiating and navigating chord changes & how to survive Cherokee at the speed of sound, & understanding rhythm change tunes.

Question: Are there on line instructions that better fit a jazz orientation?
One of our current instructors, Jeremiah Baker, teaches both Jazz and Classical saxophone. He has studied Jazz through Joseph Eckert (former director of the Airmen of Note, the airforce jazz band) as well as the Peabody Conservatory.

We are also adding another Jazz Saxophone instructor early next week due to the high volume of lesson requests.

If you'd like a trial lesson with Jeremiah, please email us at [email protected]

Or please check back by Wednesday of next week to view options for other instructors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts