Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha really started something withthe original 62R.It was fetching such inflated prices on the used market, they produce a new version at at an astonishing price.Fortunately other makers had noticed, starting with the excellent System 54, followed by 52nd street and Viking, so we have plenty of choice.Will the ROC makers be fare away ???

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
42,175 Posts
or rampone e cazzani with there half curved soprano ( also called but improperly saxello)

·
Banned
2,967 Posts
the yamaha yss62r i think is THE best bent neck soprano on the market....
my personal opinion....
i bought a yss82zr just to compare....

these other horns you mention,i wouldn't touch...

cheers,philip

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I think I've said this before but, IMHO, it's worth repeating. If Selmer ever decided to run out a straight curved neck sop based on the SA80II, that would be great. Either way it has the original run 62R I had for over 14 years, beat on all counts.

·
42,175 Posts
ask him and why wouldn’t it be worth it? If that what you are longing to get.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have TWO SYSTEM 54 SOPRANOS WITH INTEGRAL BENT NECK, AFTER SEEING THE COMPARISON WITH THE YAMAHA ON YOU TUBE, AND I ALSO HAVE A CURVED 54.THE TOTAL COST WaS Less than the Yamaha ,the build is second to none.

·
Registered
Soprano: 1983 Keilwerth Toneking Schenklaars stencil
936 Posts
Yamaha really started something withthe original 62R.It was fetching such inflated prices on the used market, they produce a new version at at an astonishing price.Fortunately other makers had noticed, starting with the excellent System 54, followed by 52nd street and Viking, so we have plenty of choice.Will the ROC makers be fare away ???
Will the ROC (Taiwan) makers be far away? Considering the list of Boutique saxes you listed, I think they are here.

Who could be next? Hmmm? My mouthpiece maker is releasing one this summer.

I also think that S902R can be special ordered through Yanagisawa, at least, you used to be able to.

·
42,175 Posts
I have not yet seen a one piece soprano with bent neck made in China. But now there is the show in Frankfurt again, who knows?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,468 Posts
Will the ROC (Taiwan) makers be far away? Considering the list of Boutique saxes you listed, I think they are here.

Who could be next? Hmmm? My mouthpiece maker is releasing one this summer.
No fair leaving a hit-and-run post like that! Name names. Who is it? Do they already have other horns?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just saw this thread. This is fascinating!! Thanks for sharing, guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts