Sax on the Web Forum banner

One of a kind Sterling Silver Shadow on Ebay?

4K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Joe Jazz 
#1 ·
Anyone else notice it? I can't believe it wasn't made for Randall! He may be slipping...:bluewink:

#5 ·
Unless JK made another one, that's my old horn. It really is a special one, and I bought it from Mr. Keilwerth himself.
Frankly, from a playing standpoint, I far preferred the Yani A 9937. I bought this born right before I got to play the Inderbinen alto, and the JK was just anti-climactic after that.

#7 ·
It has flat grey matte keywork and black pearls.
Altogether a very beautiful horn. The case is like an anvil and weighs a ton. It even has a velvet covering cloth built into the lid to cover the horn.

#8 ·
Hey Joe,
you need a tenor to match that alto bud! ;)

#20 ·
What is it with Solid Sterling Silver ? The Horns I've played that were SS were less vibrant than their brass counterparts. The NS Keilwerth Tenor was a lively horn and I'm surprised that Keilwerth has stopped making them, but thats another topic. I'll take a Brass S-20 over a Silver-Sonic, although the Sonics look nicer. IMO the Solid Sterling dampens the horn, for classical that may be ok I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.