Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice it? I can't believe it wasn't made for Randall! He may be slipping...:bluewink:

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
I think it might be Randall's horn; didn't he sell it a while ago? That's the first thing I thought; I might be crazy, though.

- Saxaholic

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
Unless JK made another one, that's my old horn. It really is a special one, and I bought it from Mr. Keilwerth himself.
Frankly, from a playing standpoint, I far preferred the Yani A 9937. I bought this born right before I got to play the Inderbinen alto, and the JK was just anti-climactic after that.

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always amazes me what some sellers consider "new". Even if they say "new other". It appears to have nickel plated keywork like the vintage models rather than the regular silver plated Shadow keywork....

·
3,860 Posts
It has flat grey matte keywork and black pearls.
Altogether a very beautiful horn. The case is like an anvil and weighs a ton. It even has a velvet covering cloth built into the lid to cover the horn.

·
3,860 Posts
Hey Joe,
you need a tenor to match that alto bud! ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,391 Posts
The seller has some really nice horns...
I am looking around for something to hock to get the Yani Solid silver tenor he has for sale...

Joe...no worries.

·
SOTW Sleuth
230 Posts
flat grey matte keywork

...should have done this on all shadows in my opinion. It looks nicer and would have stayed that way. Oh well, too late now...just sayin'.

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seriously though, it's rare you come across a horn where if you added tiger stripes to its finish, it would actually make it less gaudy.
"It's G-R-E-A-T!" Tony the Tiger:tsk:

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, someone put a bid in on it....you rich people kill me!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What is it with Solid Sterling Silver ? The Horns I've played that were SS were less vibrant than their brass counterparts. The NS Keilwerth Tenor was a lively horn and I'm surprised that Keilwerth has stopped making them, but thats another topic. I'll take a Brass S-20 over a Silver-Sonic, although the Sonics look nicer. IMO the Solid Sterling dampens the horn, for classical that may be ok I guess.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts