Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, these clips have been popping up like kudzu, cluttering the fragile SOTW ecosystem, and I apologize for that...

But dagnabbit, this one reveals something the others don't: you can hear the different tonal aspects of this Sakshama piece, starting with the quieter blowing at the beginning of this solo, with a pretty and lush sound (for me, at least), and then hear how it takes on a bit of a "snarl" as the fuggin' rhythm section gets louder and louder and louder and I attempt to cut through (while in my head uttering oaths against electricity and volume knobs...).

Siena Green (excerpt)

(Recorded last night at the Central Park Grill in Buffalo with a louder-than-normal pick-up version of my band What Would Mingus Do?)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds very nice. You have a great sound. It sounds like the piece is letting you play and staying out of your way!
Thank you, Storm! -- yeah, I think the piece just has the right playing characteristics, in terms of sound and resistance, so that I don't feel like I'm having to do any monkey business ... just play the darn thing and hope for the best...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts